Days Until Morgan Finishes Her Mission


Homecoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ths Week's Email.


Hey mom! thanks so much for the email. I wish i could have been there for that ward talent show. You said the decons were the best, then you said Dallin organized it and I thought "well thats why". He is a talented kid. He knows how to make people laugh. So tell him Bien Hecho (Good job) for that.

I laughed when you said president monson was on the stamp. I can just imagine you all joking about it. It´s so true though. See, the gospel was always meant to be in spain.

So this week has been good. I found out some things about our travel plans. There are 12 of us leaving the mtc tuesday. 3 of us (hma Lindley and Elder Mcluckie and I) going to Malaga. Everyone else is headed to the Bilbao mission. The Bilbao people will be taking a plane but the 3 of us get to take a train! isn´t that fun!! I heard it will be like a 3 hour ride. I saw the train station a couple weeks ago. It reminds me of Harry Potter. I am excited. I think i am even more excited for the no airport thing. Those are stressful. Although if i get assigned to the Canaries I will have a nice little flight down there.

I also just learned that the first day we will go to the mission home and I guess just meet the mission president and stay in a room over night at the mission home. My new companion may or may not be there. Then the next day i will be off to my assigned area. Kind of fun. I am really excited. I am really excited to see who my new companion is. I hope she is really nice and really dedicated. I also hope we get along really well. I am really excited to meet president mellor and his wife too. So today was my last day to go to the temple for the next 16 months. Kind of sad. We have to go to Spain after my mission and go to a session. It is a beautiful temple. You would love it!!!

This week at the park was interesting. It rained all day!! there weren´t very many people at the park, but somehow my companion and I made 18 contacts which is more than i have ever made before. It was really nice. Oh, by the way, this is cool. My companion for that day was Hermana Higgenbottham. She is from Georgia and Guess what, She knows Sarah!! How fun huh. I might have already told you that, so if I did, just act suprised!! Haha. She is so nice. I guess they were in a singles ward together.

The mail is so wierd here. I got a letter from mom and madi then like 5 days later i got letters from the rest of the family. I got letters from everyone but dad and dallin this week. I´m guessing sometime in the next couple days i´ll be getting one from them too. I think it´s funny because i´m sure you sent them all on the same day. Haha. I love it though because then i get letters on another day too.

So my favorite part about the park this week was when Hermana Higgenbottham and I met a man named Vincent. He was probably in his late 50´s or so and he had a 15 year old dog. Just going for a walk in the park on a rainy day. He said he loves the park ( which i think is named Retiro Park) He said it was the 2nd oldest in Spain and that ( if we got the Spanish right) there are trees there from all over the world. I also found out from President Hill later on that day that the park used to be the hunting grounds of the royal family. Pretty cool huh! I think that´s awesome. Anyway. Vincent was catholic and I don´t think he wanted to talk to us about the church. We showed him the book of mormon and he started bearing his testimony of faith and how it is so important. We gave him a book of mormon and told him a little bit about it. I honestly don´t remember everything we said but he took the book and told us First in Spanish and then in English "I will remember you forever" Isn´t that sweet! I think he could feel the spirit and I think he will read the book of mormon. He is a really sharp guy and has a strong testimony and I know that if he does read it, he will believe. The other people we talked to were nice too. I just really like talking to them. They are so friendly. I was on the metro on the way home and I started talking to an old man on the metro, I didn´t have a lot of time and i don´t think i even got to the gospel because our stop came. but as i went to leave another man put out his hand to shake mine. I don´t know if he was a member or not but as i was being pulled of the train i handed him a restoration pamphlet. If he´s a member he probably laughed. But if he´s not a member he was interested. So hey. I wish i could have talked to him. If i wasn´t in the MTC i could have but all the other missionaries got off the metro and those doors don´t wait and it probably wouldn´t have been a good idea to stay on by myself.

So time goes by really fast i´ve decided. I am really excited to get going and really start my mission. I am excited to see Malaga and find out where my first area is. It is going to be wonderful I´m just sure of it!! So i´m sure i have more to say but I can´t think with this clock counting down like this. Last time i almost lost my whole email because i took too long. I heard a rumor that i get to email on monday so hopefully i will be able to write again in a couple days. I love you so much. Let me know if there is anything you want to know more about. Have a great week. I love you.. Oh, I should have some letters coming your way. thank you so much for yours. they are the highlight of my day!!
I love you so much!!
Love Morgan

No comments:

For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro

Slide Show Sevilla

Our first Photos from Spain

Picasso Museum in Malaga

Here are some pictures of Malaga.

Retiro Park

A Look AT Madrid

At The Airport

Provo MTC