¡Hola!So this is my last day in Madrid. It´s kind of a strange feeling actually. Today is so weird because it feels like the last day of school. You know, where teachers are telling you their goodbyes and you are cleaning the classroom and signing journals. It´s really weird but it´s kind of fun too.
I am excited to meet Pres and Sis. Mellor tomorrow. I´m going to either have to have an Hermana here at the MTC or Sister Mellor take some scissors to my hair because I got a hair cut last week and...it´s scary. It is one of the worst haircuts I´ve ever seen really. How sad is that. First off, I told the lady I only wanted a trim. I said Solo Poco and showed her how much with my fingers. Well, she ended up cutting off like 2 inches on one side and 3 on the other. Yay!!! It´s ok though because The Elders somehow looked worse. Elder Garcia ended up re-cutting some of their hair because they looked so bad. I don´t know how you mess up a missionary haircut but she sure did. One of my teachers, Hermano Cuespa, went up to Elder Wadvogel, looked at his hair and said in his Spanish accent, "Elder Waldvogel, can I use this phrase...what the heck!" It was soooo funny. You have to know my teacher, the way he talks is so unique and so great. We love him. It was just the perfect thing for him to say. We still laugh about that. He was actually planning on getting a haircut later that day, but lets just say he changed his mind. So did my companion.
So these past couple days have been good. I was Companions in the park with my favorite sister here. Her name is Hermana Henderson. I love her. She´s one of those people you just click with. What happens is Friday night one of the teachers makes up a companion list. I usually wouldn´t ever request a certain person but he was sitting there with his sheet out, getting ready to pair people up and I pointed at her name and he let us be companions. I was so happy! We got regected a lot at the park but at the end we met this really really nice guy named Gregória, or Gregory. He said he was agnostic at that moment, he had been more religious before but he wasn´t sure anymore. I think he was just lost. We talked to him about the church. I don´t think he wanted to talk religion at first. But we said that's ok, But do you have any questions about our church. He asked us what we believed about Abortion and Homosexuality. I really don´t have the vocabulary for that but I did have a proclamation on the family. I took it out and told him his answer was in there. Then somehow we gave him the 1st and 2nd lesson. My companion told him the joseph smith story and He had questions about why we were put on this earth so we started talking about the plan of salvation and he had mentioned how his family had died. I think he was talking about...{ok, pause for just a second. Guess what I just put on...MY NEW NAME TAG!!! YAY!!! I´M A BURNINGHAM AGAIN!!!} Anyway, i think he was talking about like his brothers and sisters and parents. So I said do you believe in life after death. He wasn´t sure. I told him he could see his family again and live with them again. Well he cut me off and said he didn´t like his family. He started laughing his head off. He thought it was so funny. I don´t know why, but he did. and It actally really made us laugh. He´s like. We didn´t get along on earth, why would we in the next life. Haha. Sad. But then I said, There has to be someone you care about who has died. He said his mom had. I guess he actually liked her. So I said, Because of Jesus Christ you will see your mother again. I don´t know how he felt about it. He definately had some doubts. He didn´t want more missionaries but i think he liked our message or at least it made him think. We left him with a pamphlet on the restoration and a Book of Mormon. He was so sweet and He really liked us too. It´s really funny because you never know what the next person you are contacting is going to be like. I love meeting people like Gregoria. You start out strangers and leave as Friends. I love that. I took a couple pictures of the park. Not a ton because there wasn´t a ton of time but if you still want to visit Spain I´ll take you there. It´s beautiful!!! It actually feels like Disneyland sometimes because, well for one, one part of the park looks like something from Alice In Wonderland and for 2, you are walking on cobblestone and people are playing accordions or trumpets or some other instrument. And there are puppet shows and it is so cool. I love that park.
Ok so I hope you all got my letters ok. I´m sorry I couldn´t send them all on the same day. All the kids should have theirs by now and mom and dad, you should be getting yours in the mail before too long too. I´m guessing it will be about a week. But I wanted to write everyone, it just took me a little longer than I thought it would.
Last night we got to watch the Joseph Smith movie. I loved it. I don´t think anyone could ever not like that movie. It´s amazing.
Did I tell you that I have made some new Brian Regan friends. We really don´t quote him all the time because it´s probably not the best missionary topic.. But once in a while someone will quote him while we are brushing our teeth or something. I love it because take luck is just a natural thing that comes out without even meaning to say it and it´s really sad when no body knows what I´m talking about. So I appreciate these new Hermanas appreciation for Brian Regan. I just really love them they are so sweet. They really know how to make you feel good about yourself too. Two of them are from Idaho and we have already decided we are going to keep in touch after our missions and have a Brian Regan party or something. It´s going to be great.
Anyway, I´m running out of time. I love you guys so much. I hope you are all having a fantastic time at home. I love you!!!! Thanks for all your love and prayers. Oh, the address is in my mission booklet. I´ll try to email you the address but if i don't end up with time to write you again you can find it there. Well, have a great week. I LOVE YOU!!!
Love,
Hermana BURNINGHAM!!!!!!!
Homecoming
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro



No comments:
Post a Comment