Days Until Morgan Finishes Her Mission


Homecoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Friday, April 18, 2008

Letter April 10, 2008

Hi Family, 04/10/08

So I got too longwinded in my emails and didn’t tell you half the stuff I wanted to. First off, Hermana Lindley and I got a new companion. Her name is Hermana Stroumont. She is from Belgium and speaks very little English. It’s a little difficult., but she is very sweet. She will be here 3 weeks and then she will serve her mission in Paris. There are 2 French speaking Elders too. 4 new sisters from Provo. One of them knows Sarah. They were in the same single’s ward. We also got 9 Elders from Provo. They all have big ears and look like the typical Elders you would see on a church pamphlet. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but I thought it was funny.

I also wanted to tell you that a lot of Spanish people have seen your picture. Every time we ask people about their family we tell them about ours and show them pictures. I think it just helps them realize we’re just normal people with families like theirs. I met a couple from California last week. They were absolutely not interested in the church, but I showed them our picture. He said Dad looked like his son. And this is the best part; his son’s name is Howard. I told him that was dad’s middle name and Grandpa’s name. He thought that was pretty cool. Still didn’t want to hear about the Church though. So that’s about it. I think I’ve covered everything else, except I think Brother Simon has a long lost cousin from Spain. We always sing outside on Saturday nights and one of the people who came to hear us looked just like Brother Simon with black hair. It was so weird. So if Bro. Simon has Spanish ancestors, tell him I found a cousin.

Oh, you’re never going to guess what my favorite session of Conference was…Priesthood. Yep, it’s true. We got to watch the priesthood session and I loved it. I loved President Monson’s talk. It was so good especially when he wiggled his ears. What happened was, we were supposed to to watch the Women’s Conference, but for some reason it wouldn’t work. So we just watched the Priesthood session instead. I was so excited because I got to see the choir sing. I loved seeing some of my old friends.

I hope you are having a great week and that work and school are going well. I love you all. Tell Grandma and Grandpa hello. I’ll try and send them and Tammy a letter next week. I love you tons.

Love,
Morgan

Quote of the week: “They send boys on missions to become men. They send men to Malaga to become Apostles.”
--Elder A. Boyd McLuckie

No comments:

For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro

Slide Show Sevilla

Our first Photos from Spain

Picasso Museum in Malaga

Here are some pictures of Malaga.

Retiro Park

A Look AT Madrid

At The Airport

Provo MTC