¡Hola Familia!
Gracias por tu carta, Me gusta mucho. So far Spain is great! Today my district is going out to see the town. I´m really not sure what they are planning. I do know that we are going to Domino's for lunch though. I´ll let you know how the pizza is. I´m not sure if I´ll like it or not. They made pizza here one night. It was more like a homemade pizza on a really big cracker. I liked it though. The food has definitely been interesting. We had this piaya or something like that. It was a yellow rice with all kinds of sea food in it, but it had shells in it! like the ones you find on the beach! so weird. It was a little difficult to eat but i was blessed with a serving that didn´t have much fish in it. For the most part though i like the food. It always has a ton of oil on it so i don´t usually eat a ton. I have had yogurt with every meal. I guess I've got to get some calcium from somewhere because there is no cottage cheese here and only somewhat cold milk. It doesn´t taste too bad surprisingly enough, but i haven't had much of it. My favorite thing they make is this chicken. It´s like what you would get in a kids meal at a nicer restaurant but i love it! and sometimes we get french fries! I really like that meal. I´m so American aren´t I! My district is really cool. We get along really well. My teachers are pretty cool too, they speak a lot of Spanish and i tend to get a little lost when they talk but they´re really nice and really really patient! Right now we are working on stuff Hermana Lindley and I have already learned as far as teaching investigators go. Next week though, we´ll be doing all new stuff I think. Oh, so scary, we actually go to a park on Saturdays and go find contacts. It´s crazy. It´s the real thing. The people know who we are and don´t really want to talk to us though. We found out really fast that trying to talk to someone who is in motion, isn´t the greatest idea, usually you say "Hola" or "Buenas dias" to them and they just look the other way, so we started teaching people on benches. They have a harder time walking away. They were really nice but they like being catholic. It was a little difficult this last Saturday because I had only had 3 weeks of Spanish so i couldn´t understand a word anyone said. But it was still a really good experience. Thank goodness they matched us with companions who spoke a little more Spanish or we would have been in trouble. We gave away a couple pamphlets on the family and got one contact so not too bad for our first time. We go again Saturday so hopefully we´ll have a little more success. Things at this MTC are really great! I love it here. We are like one big happy family. Everyone is friends with everyone else. We have a group of Italians here. I love them, they are so funny. I have no idea what they are saying half they time but they are still fun to watch. They are very animated. I love soccer, or football as they call it here. It is so much fun. Ok...well the park was really cool. I was so blessed because even though i have never been rejected so many times in my life, I didn´t bother me nearly as much as it would have before my mission. And going up to talk to people was suprisingly easier than i thought it would be. it still made me nervous but...it really wasn´t too bad. I was more afraid of not understanding them than i was of talking to them. The first guy we talked to was really nice. He was just sitting on a bench watching the people go by. I think he said he worked there. We tried to give him a book of mormon but he said he already had one. He kept trying to tell us something but we never could figure out what it was. I think he might have been telling us he was a member, which would have been funny, but i really don´t know. not being able to understand people is definately motivation to learn the language better. I am so glad he was the first person we talked to because he was so nice to us. No one was really mean, they mostly just turn their heads away because they don´t want to talk to us. We talked to one couple that were really sweet. They chatted with us and were really nice and patient with our spanish. they were really calm too...at least until we brought up the church. Then their words had a little more emotion or excitement i guess. I couldn´t tell exactly what they said, but i did get that they were catholic and were very happy to stay that way. apparently that is a very common thing missionaries get out here. People are very kind, but very catholic. I wish we could have been a little bolder. It´s hard to go from ¨hey how are you doing¨ to ¨I know the church is true¨. it seems like more often than not the people walked away before we had testified about anything or even introduced ourselves. but i guess that´s why they take us to the park to practice. so we can learn how to be better missionaries and fix our problems now. So We just got back from our day out on the town. we took a bus to a mall and pretty much just walked around. It really wasn´t very exciting. Pizza Hut though...I loved it! it was so good. Kind of expensive though, so i don´t think i want to do it again. I would rather spend my money on something i actualy need. but i´m glad we went once. Today at 3 we are going to play soccer again. I can´t wait. tonight after dinner i´ll be able to finish learning my lesson in Spanish. Tomorrow Hermana Lindley and I are teaching it to the Mission President. So wish us luck on that one. Well, i love you so much. I better run! I hope you are having fun. I love you guys so much! You are in my prayers always and I know I´m in yours. Tell Grandma and Grandpa hello for me. I love them too! I´ll try to get some real letters sent soon. I love you so much! Love You Tons!!!Love Morgan.
Homecoming
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro



No comments:
Post a Comment