Days Until Morgan Finishes Her Mission


Homecoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Saturday, March 1, 2008

First Letter Home!

Hey Family! 2/27/08 10:00 ish PM

How was your trip back from the MTC? I was such a baby. They sent us around to pick up papers & things and every time someone would ask me a question I’d start crying again…I know, pathetic. But once I got to my room I was totally fine & I’ve been fine ever since. The Lord has blessed my heart & as long as I don’t dwell on home, I know I’ll be fine.

I have 2 companions. Hermana Briggs & Hermana Lindley (silent D). They are both very nice & Sister Lindley is actually going to my mission. So maybe we’ll be companions again. We all get along very well. Sister Briggs was an EFY counselor and looks the part. She is taller than me with dark hair & likes to laugh. I really like Sister Lindley too. Neither of my companions fit the stereotype. I am excited to get to know them better.

Today was boring for the most part. We had orientation with all 305 new missionaries. The MTC presidency spoke to us about general missionary stuff. Then we had dinner: Roast beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, a roll, salad, banana bread and ice cream. It was really good. While I was eating I heard someone say, “I’m looking for Sister Burningham.” I turned around and it was Jordan Packer. It was so fun to see him-a familiar face.

After Dinner was our Branch Presidency orientation from 6:30 – 8:30ish. They went through some rules, we introduced each other & they gave us some assignments, like memorizing the missionary purpose in Spanish and finish the Book of Mormon while at the MTC. We have to prepare a 5 minute talk every week and 2 random people will be selected to give theirs on Sunday I believe. They also decided who would be Senior Companion and District leader I think. They made me Senior Companion which is funny because my companions both have a better idea of what’s going on than I do.


Well, I have run out of time. I wish I could write more. I love you guys so much. Try not to be too sad. I am very happy here and so far the Lord has blessed me greatly with my homesickness and I’ll pray he blesses you too. Well, I love you guys. Thank you so much for helping make this decision and for being so supportive. I love you so much. Just think-one day down. I’ll be home before you know it, but I’m glad I have this opportunity to serve the Lord and I’m looking forward to getting started. I love you again. I’m excited to hear from you. My p-days are on Tuesdays so I have to wait a week, but that’s okay I guess. It’s weird to think I’m actually on a mission! I’m a missionary! I don’t think it’s really set in yet. Well, I’d better go read a little. I only have 4 minutes left. I love you guys so much. I’ll talk (or write) again in a week! Tell Grandma and Grandpa hi and that I love them. And I’m glad they got to come to the MTC with us.

I love you TONS!!!
Love, Morgan (Hermana Burningham)

Tell Kade I love him so much and I’ll come home give him a big hug when I finish my mission. You’re all getting a big hug!

No comments:

For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro

Slide Show Sevilla

Our first Photos from Spain

Picasso Museum in Malaga

Here are some pictures of Malaga.

Retiro Park

A Look AT Madrid

At The Airport

Provo MTC