Days Until Morgan Finishes Her Mission


Homecoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Letter Written on Morgan's Birthday September 1, 2008

Hey Family,

So I just had one of the funnest birthdays of my life! I had a blast! Like I said in my email, the alarm went off and my companions immediately started singing; all 3 of us still lying in our beds. Then they asked me, “Pancakes or French toast?” I said, “Pancakes.” They were really yummy. I opened my packages before breakfast and was totally excited. Those were so much fun. I changed into my PJs as soon as possible. I LOVE THEM! We had to flip p-day around so we went out and worked this morning and met what could be a golden contact, which means she probably lives in the Elder’s area…seems to happen a lot. Ha ha. P-day started at 2:00 We ate lunch at burger King, so yummy! I got a hamburger with bacon and a lot of fried onions with mayo and it was really good. Then we went and did internet-went to the store. H. Clegg bought me Ben & Jerry’s. Then we came home and I had a letter fom each of you and one from Karlie. Kind of fun to get mail on your birthday. Anyway, we had about an hour to get ready for the show. We looked GREAT! We were so excited!

We were some of the first people there and let me tell you, I felt like I was back on our Cruise. Fernando had told them we were coming. They guided us to our table (the room was set up with chairs in front of the stage and then a section of tables with maroon tablecloths and fancy dishes.) Our waiter was all dressed up and asked us what we wanted to drink, a little surprised when we didn’t want wine. Ha ha. We got Sprite instead. For the menu there was an appetizer-chef’s choice-(which turned out to be a plate full of fried things)…One was like a fried ball with some kind of bread inside. One was shrimp. There were two other fried things. I haven’t a clue what was in them. Possibly…honestly, I just don’t know. It was yummy though. We also got a plate of meat and cheese. Remember when Monica came? It was kind of like that. Then you got a first and second dish-three choices to choose from for each. First dish choices-Salad with anchovies, shrimp cocktail, or soup, (but more with a homemade salsa kind of flavor.) I chose the salad. They ended up having a different kind-no anchovies…I was really sad about that…NOT! Ha ha. It did have a little tuna on top. (They are obsessed with tuna here. They put it on everything. You should see the grocery store, it has it’s own aisle. Or one side of an aisle anyway.) My salad was HUGE! Bigger than I have ever seen made for one person. It was probably at least as much as ½ the bowl they serve you at from Olive Garden. I did eat half of it though! The second dish choices were-pork, steak or fish. You’ll never guess which one I picked…FISH! Crazy huh? It wasn’t “fishy” called Hake or something like that. It was yummy! I ordered a random dessert, kind of like an ice cream cake with a chocolate covering-it looked like a Ding Dong. So we are eating our meal and watching this Flamenco show. I actually really liked it. This weird guy sings a weird song that I hate and the dancers dance while stamping their feet a lot and clap out little beats and also have little clapper things made of wood. It’s hard to explain. You’ll just have to see it someday. Towards the end of the show a guy comes up to the table (I think the Chef) and asks which one of us is Hermana Burningham. I was surprised, but not for long. He asked me if it was my birthday and another waiter set a little piece of Spanish cake in front of me (with a candle on top and surrounded by whipped cream with sprinkles). I was so excited!! Then he pulls out 3 boxes, one for each of us. Fernando had given us each our own set of clappers. Isn’t that so sweet? First he helped pay our way. He wanted to pay it all, but we wouldn’t let him. Then he remembered my birthday, made sure I had a cake, and gave us clappers! What a sweetheart! He feeds us every Friday too! He just lives alone with his cat and I think his greatest Joy comes from serving the missionaries! He’s just a really great guy! He’s like 60-65, his wife has died and I kind of feel lonely for him, but I’m sure he’s doing just fine. The Lord doesn’t leave a guy like that feeling sad. I bet he’s really a happy guy. He’s just really quiet. So maybe that makes him seem lonely. I don’t know. I love him though. I think all the missionaries do!

Anyway, p-day is over. I have to go to bed! I love you all so much! Thanks again for making my birthday so great! I hope you are all happy and having a great week. Thanks so much again for my packages. I’m so excited! I love you so much!

Love,
Morgan

No comments:

For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro

Slide Show Sevilla

Our first Photos from Spain

Picasso Museum in Malaga

Here are some pictures of Malaga.

Retiro Park

A Look AT Madrid

At The Airport

Provo MTC