Days Until Morgan Finishes Her Mission


Homecoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday, March 30, 2009

Email-Monday, March 30, 2009

I loved your email. I always do. Thanks for telling me about the farewell. I am so glad everyone came to support my little missionary buddy. I love her so much!!! I´m glad you got her some warm clothes and a sleeping bag. i Iwant her to be warm.. She´s so cute. Thanks for sending me the address to the MTC. I want to send her a letter today. I loved getting mail at the MTC. You were always so good to send me stuff too. I loved it.
Sister Rodriguez is the one from San Fernando. She comes home this month. I love what you said about bringing brothers and sisters to the gospel so we can be with them again after this life. I just really liked how you put it. and it made me want to find more of them. I can´t wait to hear how everything goes on Wednesday. I did go in at 11:30. I remember I got to my room before my companions because there are 3 groups each week that come it. One at 11:30, one a little later and another after that. Hermana Lindley came in with the second group and Hermana Briggs came in with the third. I will never forget the MTC. I LOVED It!!!! Madi will love it too. I love her so much!!! I am so excited for her.

This week we are going to try to teach one of Elizabeth's friends. Elizabeth is a recent convert. I got here just in time to see her baptism. She has a couple friends who she really wants to share the gospel with. I am excited to teach them. From what she says about them, I think they really could accept the gospel. We are also working with a lot of Bolivians. There aren't a lot of South Americans in San Fernando, but somehow we always find them. And they´re all from Bolivia. They are a very kind and open people. All South Americans are. We love talking to them because they are more willing to listen and more accepting of the gospel and they are so nice. And they have a hard time saying no. ha ha. So as long as they´re home, we can usually get in to teach them. There really is something special about them. I like South Americans a lot. Madi will love Chile. I like Spaniards a lot too. If Madi ever comes to Spain with me she will have a good time. They are funny people. They just have their little way of life and it´s hard to explain. But I like it. I like the culture here. They are also very warm and fun people.

Well, I love you so much. I hope things go well this week. That the weather is good and that you have a good time at Village Inn and the MTC!!! Good luck!! I love you so much!!!!!

Thanks for telling be about when I asked why we go to church. I loved it!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Love,
Morgan

Hey Dad,

Thanks for telling me about Madi´s farewell. Wow, that brings back memories. It does not feel like that was over a year ago. I can´t believe Madi is at that point now. She is going to be such a great little missionary. I can´t wait to see her with nametag on and find out who her companion is, or if she´s like me, companions. She is going to absolutely love the MTC. Hermana Swenson said yesterday, It´s like EFY for missionaries. By the way, Hermana Swenson's dad served in Japan too. Probably not at the same time as you, I think he´s a bit older than you, but fun huh. I don´t know how you did it. It would be so hard to serve in Japan and Learn Japanese and teach people who don´t believe in God or Christ how to believe in them.

We just had a hard lesson a couple days ago. We are teaching Maria Del Mar still but now we are trying to teach her boyfriend too. We started out teaching about the 3rd lesson which is basically faith repentance, baptism, Holy ghost, and Endure to the end. But then they had questions about the 2nd lesson, which is the plan of salvation. Then we started talking about prophets which is the 1st lesson. It was exhausting. We taught all 3 lessons in one night and what came down to in the end is Carlos doesn't believe in Christ and thinks We should talk more about God. Maria Del Mar then calmly explained to him that Christ is our example and came to show us the way, but ONLY God can save us...What? No, you don´t understand.... It was frustrating. But hey, at least we know now that we need to explain the Atonement again. I actually really like teaching them. they are really cool people. I think that actually might be the problem. I think when people really understand the gospel and know it´s true, they find a strength to change. So maybe this is a good thing. We will teach her about the savior and invite her to trust in him and change her life.

So I have a funny story to tell you. So there is this guy who sleeps on the street and begs for money. He´s really nice and he´s always in a really busy street and we don´t feel unsafe around him, so no worries there. But anyway, We gave him a Book of Mormon the other day. I´m not sure why, because he was drunk at the time, but this was like 3 days ago. Yesterday we saw him again and we usually try to avoid him, but he saw us this time and came over to talk, he suddenly pointed at my Book of Mormon and was like, "Hey, I have one of those." ha ha, He was like "it´s from...it´s from...." We were like, "us?" he looked at us with surprise in his face and was like, "no, seriously. No way" It was so funny. We gave it to him 2 days before and he didn't remember a thing. I love it. ha ha.

Well I better run. I love you so much. You are awesome!!! I hope you have a great week. Good luck taking Madi to the MTC. I can´t wait to hear all about it. I love you so much!!! Thanks for being such a great example for us!! I LOVE YOU!!!

love,
Morgan

No comments:

For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro

Slide Show Sevilla

Our first Photos from Spain

Picasso Museum in Malaga

Here are some pictures of Malaga.

Retiro Park

A Look AT Madrid

At The Airport

Provo MTC