Days Until Morgan Finishes Her Mission


Homecoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Email , Monday January 12, 2009

I hate computers! I´m sorry your email got erased. But i enjoyed your email anyway. San Fernando is great. I really like it here. I think I will start off by answering your questions and then fill you in on anything that´s left over.

My New Companion is names Hermana Smith and she is from Mclean Virginia. Which is in Fairfax county. Fairfax is where we lived isn´t it? I can´t really remember. She is awesome though. She has been here in San Fernando about 3 months now. We get along really well and really like working together. Hermana Griotti is still in Sevilla. She is with Hermana Clegg's companion from the last two transfers. Hermana Clegg is training right now in the Islands. Hermana Lindley is in Malaga still. She´s been there for about 4 and a half months. This is Hermana Maynes' last transfer. She is training in the Islands too. Hey, before I forget, one of the first people I met here is from Chile. Cool huh. She talks super fast.

We live with a woman named Pepi. She is really sweet. She has had missionaries living at her house for I think about a year now. She is not a member but some of her family is. We have our own bedroom with a table for study and a nice big closet with shelves. She loves the missionaries. We have eaten with her about half of the time. Oh, yea, so two days ago she pulled out this really dark purplish meat and asked if we wanted some. We could tell she wanted to make it for us so we said sure. Well, it looked scary so i asked her what type of meat it was. All I got was that it was from a cow. I thought, i know that´s got to be liver. after it got done cooking I took a bite...it was...weird, I asked her again what it was. I had never heard the word she used before so I grabbed my Spanish book and sure enough, Liver. Well, I took a bite of bread with every bite of liver and chips in between. Gross. The next day we had calamari. But it was like calamari with more calamari inside and it wasn´t breaded so it just looks so strange. I asked Hermana Smith if she always cooks weird things, she told me "No, usually we eat stuff like chicken.." at least I won't gain weight here right. haha. It really wasnt´so bad. It´s more the idea of the food than the taste.

We live in a basically a house. A Spanish house. Still small, because everything is smaller in Spain, but it´s a house. I´ll take some pictures for you. We still go to the Locatorio to do internet. Locatorios are just places with a bunch of computers that you pay to use. The one we are in now is pretty nice. Here is the address to my new place:

Tirso de Molina 6
11100 San Fernando (Cadiz)
España

Just go ahead and send it to me, I think it will be too complicated to send it in care of Pepi. I usually get my packages just fine, as long as it´s not August apparently. I am excited to get everyone´s letters.

The ward here is awesome. Actually there are 2. We work in one ward and there is a set of Elders in the other. So far i love the members. They are so great. Sundays are pretty normal days. We go to church, then we eat with Pepi. At 4:30 we´re on the street again visiting investigators, doing our street contacts, and visiting inactive members. Or if we feel like it we knock doors too. I think i like talking to people on the street better though.

Kade is so cute. I just love him. Tell him I miss him too and that I love him. Thanks for telling me. I love hearing things like that. He is such a sweetheart. What happened in the end with Shannon? Did they get the baby? How is she doing?

What else was I going to tell you. I can´t remember. Oh, I think Rebeca and Wilson got baptized on Saturday. I will be able to confirm it next Pday but it was looking like they were going to get baptized Saturday. Next Saturday Hermana Smith's investigator is getting baptized. Her name is Elizabeth. She is from Mexico. I hear she makes some good Mexican food. I´m not gonna lie, the Mexican food sounds a lot more inviting than Liver or Calamari. haha.

Well, I think that´s about it. I am sure there was something else I was going to tell you but I can´t remember. So I guess if it comes to me i´ll write it down and tell you next week. I love you so much!! I´m glad you are all happy and doing well. Thanks for being such a great missionary mom.

Oh, did you ever email Hermana Cleggs mom? Pday will be on Tuesday I think because of Zone Conference. Did you ever try those Recipes? Well, I better run. I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the greatest!!! I will send pictures and a package your way soon. Talk to you soon!!!I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Morgan

ILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUMOREXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Hey Dad!!! I´m sorry I didn´t write you last week either. Don´t worry. I love hearing from you but I know you are really busy too. I am just happy to know that everyone is doing good and are happy. When you said it´s been 2 and a half weeks since we talked I couldn´t believe it. Time is still flying by isn´t it! I can´t believe how fast time flies.I am very happy to be here in San Fernando. It is very close to Cadiz. I am sure I´ll have a couple Pdays there. Oh, something cool, all the missionaries got a Christmas Card from the first Presidency. Did you get one too? I thought that was cool. My new area is small but it seems great. It is an older city i think. i´m not really sure actually. It has a lot of narrow streets and all the buildings are really close together. it´s really relaxed here. A lot different from Sevilla. I think I was ready for a change. I love sevilla and didn´t want to leave up until I knew I had to, then I was ready. I love the ward here. It is so great. the people are awsome. the ward has a goal of 18 baptisms this year and the want to reactivate 6 families. That is one baptism one month and 2 the next, then one then 2.....if that made sense. it´s a huge goal, but we can do it.Well I love you so much. I´m glad to hear you are doing well. I love you so much!!!! Thanks for your email. I hope you have a great week!!!!I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love Morgan

No comments:

For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro

Slide Show Sevilla

Our first Photos from Spain

Picasso Museum in Malaga

Here are some pictures of Malaga.

Retiro Park

A Look AT Madrid

At The Airport

Provo MTC