Days Until Morgan Finishes Her Mission


Homecoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Email, January 5, 2009 TRANSFERS!

So your email made me so happy and warm inside. I loved it! I don´t know why, but I just really loved it.
GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!! I bet dad is so happy right now. I had no idea chantel was at the U of U. I can´t believe she´s in college. So wierd. I feel like she´s still like 12.

So Sounds like Christmas was great!! Santa treated our family well. :) I am really excited to see that picture of Hayley opening her package. That is so great that Madi got her MP3 player. It´s so great. Tell her to bring conference talks with her and all her EFY cds. Oh, and she should bring piano music. Like arrangements of hymns. she should try to find come thou fount in Spanish. You have more opportunities to play the piano than I thought. Not a ton, but enough to bring a couple songs.

So the family got a Foosball table. I love it. That will be so much fun. And I can´t believe you went bowling. How fun is that. I want to go! Can we go when i come home? :)

Ha ha, I love that Madi is Kade´s Primary teacher. He´s so dang cute. So did you combine a class or did Madi switch completely?

In Malaga there were 2 wards that met basically at the same time in one building. One started Sacrament meeting first and the other went backwards. I didn´t like it because the people were always really noisy when class got out. In Sevilla there is only one ward that meets in our building. church starts at 10:30, Relief Society first.

Sounds like the weather here is about what it was like in Vegas. Sometimes it´s a little colder and I need my coat, but during the day it´s usually really nice. it rained a lot this week.

So do you want to know where i´m going???.....I got a call Saturday night from Elder Bell, our district leader and that´s what he asked me, "so do you want to know where your going?" I said, "I´m going?" he said i was. I will be going to San Fernando with Hermana Smith Wednesday morning. San Fernando is a smaller but very beautiful city, really close to Cadiz. So I´ll be taking some pdays in Cadiz I´m thinking. Hermana Smith is really sweet, I have been on splits with her twice. She has a lot of energy about missionary work. She just got out of training but her Spanish is really good. I will be living in a habitacion which means we live at someones house. Out of all the areas I could go to where you have to live with someone, this one seems like the best. We stayed the night there once for zone conference, this lady is really funny, and really nice. I am sad to leave Sevilla, but at the same time grateful. It will be nice to get to know a new area, new people. All the members told me the church is really strong there.

We told Maria Jose I was leaving last night. She said she was sad. But she knows the drill. we are always changing. I told her I wanted to come back to visit after the mission, she told me a couple days ago she wants to meet my mom. Cute huh. I hope everything went ok for Shannon, I want her to have this little baby so bad. That would be such a blessing in their lives. She told me about how they wanted to adopt this baby a few months ago. I was nervous....I hope everything goes ok. That would be so cool. I guess I´ll know in a week. I love that they want to name him Benjamin.

Well, I love you all so much!! I better run. I hope you have a great week. Good luck taking down the Christmas Decorations and cleaning and setting up the foosball table with Madi. I am going to print off some pictures today. Yay. I also had my friend Isaac from Nigeria talk on your 2nd tape today. I ran out of time on the last one so I started a new one. ha ha. I had to send you a message from one of my African friends. maybe i´ll have Nicolas talk on it too.

I´m hearing good things about Chile. I am excited for Madi, I hope she finds everything she needs ok. What is her address to the MTC? Ok, Better run. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! Have a great week!!!

Love,
Morgan

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOUXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOUXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOUXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUOXOXOXOXOXOXOXILOVEYOUOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOILOVEYOU

Cádiz, Spain — Considered the oldest city in Europe, Cádiz was founded in 1100 BC by the Phoenicians. It has been a Spanish city since the 13th century, but Carthaginians, Romans, Visigoths, and Moors ruled Cádiz previously. Columbus sailed from Cádiz on two of his voyages to the Americas. During the 18th century, the city prospered as Spain's primary port for trade with the Americas, and many of the lyrics of flamenco music from Cádiz reflect people's experiences traveling to and from the New World. A few of Cádiz's many cultural highlights include: the Oratorio de la Santa Cueva, which houses some works by Goya; the Museo de Cádiz, which exhibits works by Rubens and Francisco de Zurbarán, as well as archaeological collections of ancient Phoenician, Greek and Roman ruins; and the ornate Baroque Catedral Nueva, which was built during the 18th century. Cádiz, with a population of 160,000, has plenty to offer students. The entire casco antiguo, the old section of the city, is an enchanting area to explore on foot. Unique barrios abound, each with its own character, plaza, tapas bars, and outdoor cafes, from which one can appreciate the pleasant summer weather. Pretty beaches are never more than a ten-minute walk away. The charming and friendly nature of the gaditanos, as the locals are called, is one of the most welcoming aspects of Cádiz.

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

San Fernando is a very strong ward. Most of the callings for the Cádiz Stake come from that ward. I loved my time in San Fernando and the members are quite strong.

The Cádiz province is one of the most beautiful in Andalucia, there are plenty of "pueblo blancos" that will take your breath away. Arcos de la Frontera is a must-see. As is getting some leather in Ubrique and seeing the windmills on the way to Tarifa. Sounds like I want to go back, yet again.

Sue Bullough Burningham said...

Cassidy, I loved hearing about San Fernando and Cadiz. Have you ever been back to Spain since your mission?

Cassidy said...

I went back in October of 2005 for two weeks with my little sister. We saw a bunch of sites around Madrid (including Segovia and El Escorial), did baptisms for the dead, watched general conference with the missionaries and then took the train to Cordoba and then to Sevilla. We got a car in Sevilla and drove all throughout the Sevilla and Cadiz provinces on the way to Cadiz. Then drove south to Algeciras and Gibraltar past Tarifa. (Here's one of my favorite pictures I took on our only evening in Cadiz. More start here at #64 and go down to #48. ) We went over to Ceuta, then drove to Malaga, Granada and then back to Madrid. Once you get outside of Andalucia the terrain is flat and boring :)

I highly recommend to anybody that they get a car for touring Andalucia. You get to visit cities most missionaries or tourists never get to see, plus those are the best places to eat lunch with the locals!

For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro

Slide Show Sevilla

Our first Photos from Spain

Picasso Museum in Malaga

Here are some pictures of Malaga.

Retiro Park

A Look AT Madrid

At The Airport

Provo MTC