Days Until Morgan Finishes Her Mission


Homecoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
MORGAN 'S "HOMECOMING" WILL BE
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27th AT 11:00 AM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Monday, August 11, 2008

Email August 11, 2002

Guess what, i feel like i got 2 emails from you today!!I got last weeks email in the mail like 20 minutes before we left to email today. Funny huh! I got a bunch of letters from you guys today. It´s really funny because i got one from Madi and Kade on Wednesday and everyone else today, and another one from Madi. I don´t know if you sent them at different times or if the mail is just weird, but just the same it was fun to get mail. I love it!!! I have been very blessed to have such a diligent family. I just love you guys.

Sevilla has been great!! This week we visited with one of the member families. they live right above us and have been renting our apartment out to the missionaries for years. They are so nice, anyway, the husband told us his conversion story and it was so cool because toward the end of the story i suddenly realized he was speaking in Spanish and i had understood it all!! Yay miracles do happen!! haha. it really is a miracle though. that missionaries all over the world are learning new languages so quickly and speaking so well. I am definitely glad that i got to learn Spanish. it will be more useful later on and it´s a lot easier to learn than Japanese. I don´t know how dad did it.

Ok, so the missionaries have been visiting this old lady for about 3 years now. remember Lewis? Crazy guy at Dans? Well they could get married and be perfectly happy together. She isn´t quite as crazy as him, she has some sanity left. but she loves to talk and doesn´t like to listen and says whatever comes into her head. Her name is Concha, yesterday we ate breakfast at her house. I walk into the kitchen just in time to see her pouring like 1/4 cup or more of olive oil all over a piece of bread from a bakery. she just kept pouring it, and i was standing there thinking, "there is no way I´m gonna be able to eat that!" But then she pulled out some really gross ham to put on top. i already wasn´t excited about that, but then she piled it on. a small piece or two would have been fine, but not for Concha! Somehow as a missionary you are able to eat things you never would have considered eating before. This blessing was definitely helpful when Concha brought out 2 hard boiled eggs that had been sitting out on the counter for who knows how long to put on our already scary breakfast toast. i thought that if i ate fast enough i´d be able to avoid them. but i was wrong. half way though my olive oil bread Hermana Clegg cut one of the eggs in half and put some on my plate....dang! the yoke looked pretty gross and not normal so i figured i would be forgiven if i left that part behind. and surely if the egg was bad from sitting out it would be the yoke that could make me sick so in the end i figured i was avoiding both grossness and disease. well I may have avoided the grossness of the egg, but that was not the end of my troubles. i don´t know what it was, but Concha was adamant about me trying this weird jelly stuff. I really didn't want any but she made me go get a spoon from the kitchen. when i got back i was very glad the spoon was small....she scooped out a huge spoonful for me to eat. I knew that although i had never eaten this stuff before i t was not meant to be eaten alone. yet eat it i did. " spoon fulls of it. It really wasn´t horrible. but it definitely grossed me out, it was like eating a huge spoon full of really thick jelly...the best part is, come to find out, it´s like fruit mixed with fat...GROSS!!! no wonder i am gaining weight. Who thinks of this stuff anyway!! Haha. Anyway, I love you so much. How is Young Womens? Are you having a good time still? I hope so. I bet you will have such a fun time at camp! I love your closing ceremonies idea. by the way, you are so fun to celebrate my birthday!! I just love you all so much!!! I just love you! I really do!! thanks for being so awesome!! Have a great time at camp. I love you!!!

Love,
Morgan
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Hey dad!!
That was so mean, You totally had me going for a second. I was like, no way he has to tell me now. And you pulled through for me, Just like always. haha. I love you! and i am so excited for my birthday packages! You guys are so fun. It´s really fun because H. Clegg´s birthday is the week before mine and so both of us are just watching the mail, knowing there is something fun on the way. You will seriously love her. She is so great!! Yesterday we had a really weird Sunday because the crazy lady i wrote about in mom´s email came to church. haha, i don´t even have time to email you that story. i will try to write you about it today. haha. It´s was great. anyway, we came home and had companion study and tried to sing a hymn but we had the giggles so bad. h. Maynes would start singing and the 2 of us would try to follow, then. h. Maynes voice would falter a little because she wanted to laugh and me and h. clegg would just lose it again. And the three of us would just be rolling. tears were streaming down my cheeks. it is the hardest i have laughed since i´ve been out here. and i don´t even really know why. i think it was just we had been talking about Concha and laughing about that and it just carried over. It was really fun. So things are still going well in Sevilla. i am getting the Spanish down a little better which is great. I can understand a lot more than i can speak but i´m working on it. the work is a little slow right now because everyone is on vacation. but there is a really great family we are working with right now and we want to commit them to baptism. so hopefully things go well with that. the lady reminds me of Shannon. And I love her. Oh, before i forget, i met a Japanese girl the other day! she was a sweetheart! i loved her. She didn´t understand us very well and was leaving for japan soon so we left her with a folleto and the web page so she can look up the church at home in her own language. but i was really excited because she was from japan. how cool if we found a Japanese family to teach. i have been keeping a list of every country i meet. i am up to about 45. Crazy. That is one of my favorite parts of Spain. Well, I better run. I spent too much time typing about my breakfast at Concha´s and now my time is almost up. But hey, i hope you enjoy the story. Look forward to hearing about her visit to church soon. Haha. Good luck with girls camp. I bet you will have a blast. I can´t wait to hear how it goes. I love you so much dad! i really do. I hope you are having a great week!!
Love you tons.
Love,
Morgan

No comments:

For more info on Retiro Park the most popular and widely visited park in Madrid click on this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_del_Buen_Retiro

Slide Show Sevilla

Our first Photos from Spain

Picasso Museum in Malaga

Here are some pictures of Malaga.

Retiro Park

A Look AT Madrid

At The Airport

Provo MTC